Monday, July 02, 2007

BPRs at The Kara Janx Sample Sale


Happy Monday everyone! I've been traveling and I'm a little behind on things - I'll try to catch up today.

According to our best estimates the Season Four shooting should be wrapping up about now. Tim Gunn will head to Delaware at the end of the week for another couple of stops on his book tour. I hope some of you will be able to attend. Please send photos. We have a link to Tim's schedule in our sidebar.

Meanwhile, we have several reports from BPRs who attended Kara's Sample Sale last week. First from Erin:

I just wanted to rattle off a little email thanking BPR for the highlight of my work week. I've occassionaly lurked on BPR for awhile and when I saw the message the other day for the Kara Janx sample sale I was so excited. I've wanted to get the kimono top for awhile and I thought that this would be a great opportunity to do so being that it was only a few blocks from where I work, I had a meeting yesterday and I couldn't make it which I was so upset about, but first thing today I went over there. So I walk into the sale, and who is sitting there but Kara herself, for some reason I was so nervous, but i pulled it together (somewhat) enough to talk to her and say how much I loved her flower dress on the show. Anyway Kara couldn't have been nicer, and I got some great stuff. It's really nice to see people that aren't affected by the recognition that comes with being on television and are still all about the clothes. Kara was so refreshing and down to earth and her clothes are beautiful her success comes as no surprise to me.

Thanks BPR,

Erin


And from Trish:

Hey all!

Just thought I'd write and let you know that yesterday I went to Kara's sample sale in NYC!

At first I was like "Am I in the right place?" as I got off an elevator and ended up in a workroom. I turned my head to the left and there stood a bunch of racks of Kara's clothes and two people "minding the store". Once I started digging in though, I could not believe the bargains!

She had tons of kimonos - all different styles, colors, fabrics, etc., some kimono tops, bikinis, t-shirts and other tops. I picked up a FABULOUS kimono dress (sleeveless "sweatpant" gray with tan trim - the color combination caught me right away - I'm not sure why but I LOVED it!) and a all-black kimono top! Tried everything on today - love it all!

Wish you guys had been there - hope to see you all soon :)


Trish