Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Tonight the first ever A-List Awards will be handed out in New York with Tim Gunn on the red carpet. The event will be broadcast on Thursday June 12 (pre-show red carpet at 8:30 Eastern with the awards airing at 10:00) but we now know that, according to this press release that designers representing all four seasons of Project Runway will be dressing celebrities as follows:
· Candace Bushnell and season 1 & 2 designer Daniel Franco
· Holly Kiser and season 4 designer Chris March
· Kathy Griffin and season 2 designer Nick Verreos
· Katrina Smirnoff and season 3 finalist Mychael Knight
· Kat Von D and season 4 designer Sweet P
· Niki Taylor and season 3 finalist Laura Bennett
· Nikki Blonsky and season 3 designer Malan Breton
· Rebecca Budig and season 3 designer Alison Kelly
It is also announced that you can bid on the designs after the taping through June 11 and that the proceeds will benefit the relief efforts of UNICEF in Myanmar. Check back with us to see the stunning creations of the designers; we will direct you to place your bids.
Season Four Fan Favorite Christian Siriano is up against Season Three Fan Favorite Mychael Knight (along with Sam Talbot and Casey Thompson of Top Chef and Tabatha Coffey) for Ultimate Fan Favorite. Click here to vote.
Our very own Laura K. will be in the audience to 'watch what happens' and to give us a report.