With the long awaited news that Season 6 of Project Runway will finally see the light of day, all eyes will be turning to the Lifetime Network to see how they will handle promotion and publicity of the show.
Project Runway is considered a cornerstone in Lifetime President Andrea Wong's continuing effort to feature more original programming and move away from the legacy of Golden Girl re-runs and disease-of-the-week movies. Will the fan base follow?
Here are a few things that we would love to see Lifetime do:
- Create a clean, easy to navigate website for the show that doesn't take 15 minutes to load.
- Bring back Tim Gunn's podcast! Perhaps our favorite bonus feature of Seasons 1-3, Tim's podcasts were often as entertaining as the show itself, providing unique behind the scene details of each episode. Yes, you will probably have to pay the man, but you will endear yourselves to PR fans everywhere and generate serious traffic to your website.
- Schedule the show in its traditional Wednesday 10:00 p.m powerslot. This is the favored time for most of the fans and one that Bravo will most certainly try to counter against.
- Continue the tradition of posting clear photos of each design after every episode.
- Provide previews and video extras that are fully embeddable and easy to share.
- Recognize that there is a significant audience of men that watch this show. Ahem. We can get away with the TV tuned to Bravo, but it's a tougher sell on Lifetime.
We know you have more. What else would you like to see from the Lifetime Network?