Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tim Gunn Heads to Austin April 21

Anticipating Tim's visit to Austin on April 21st, The Austin Chronicle posted an interview here.



A highlight:

AC: One of the underpinnings of your career seems to be education as a mode of empowerment. How do you see the event you'll be participating in here as part and parcel of that larger motivation?

TG: I'm so glad you asked, because Leah Caruso-Salak [Liz Claiborne's director of marketing and special events] and I co-host the event, and what we say right before we go out is: "Let's just hope that people come away from this feeling a little smarter, a little wiser, because we've given them some information that they can apply to themselves. Or share with someone else."
Everything that I do, I try to make it about giving people information. Not a day goes by when I'm not on a quest for more information. I see myself as a constant, perpetual student. It makes the world an exciting and adventurous place. It's quite thrilling – I love the unknown.