Click Here to See the 
Season 14 Finale Collections
Shown at NYFW on September 11, 2015

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tim Gunn Heads to Austin April 21

Anticipating Tim's visit to Austin on April 21st, The Austin Chronicle posted an interview here.

A highlight:

AC: One of the underpinnings of your career seems to be education as a mode of empowerment. How do you see the event you'll be participating in here as part and parcel of that larger motivation?

TG: I'm so glad you asked, because Leah Caruso-Salak [Liz Claiborne's director of marketing and special events] and I co-host the event, and what we say right before we go out is: "Let's just hope that people come away from this feeling a little smarter, a little wiser, because we've given them some information that they can apply to themselves. Or share with someone else."
Everything that I do, I try to make it about giving people information. Not a day goes by when I'm not on a quest for more information. I see myself as a constant, perpetual student. It makes the world an exciting and adventurous place. It's quite thrilling – I love the unknown.