Click Here to See the 
Season 14 Finale Collections
Shown at NYFW on September 11, 2015

Saturday, January 12, 2013

BPR Interview with Joshua McKinley

Project Runway All Star designer, Joshua McKinley, talks about his experience on the show.

A highlight:  

BPR: What was the best thing about the trip to Paris? 

 JM: The opportunity to see the Valentino Couture show. I mean I can't even describe it. I am just a boy from Ohio and I never even dreamed that I would have this opportunity. I will never forget it. 

BPR: Did you spend all of your 3000 euros on fabric? 

 JM: It was an extremely generous budget. That's $3800 American dollars. I mean we had a ton of money to spend. I was a little under because my fabric was not one of the luxurious "Oh my God I have to touch the fabric right now" fabrics. 

 BPR: Knowing what you do now, if you could go back to Paris, would you choose something different? Would you do anything different at all? 

 JM: I would not change a thing. Not at all. I stand by my vision. The vision was solid. It was so on point. Sometimes the garment is about the narrative. I also welcomed the opportunity to re-make the dress as a "ready-to-wear" option.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here for Josh's website.

Thank you Josh!