Friday, February 22, 2013

BPR Interview with Matthew Arthur


Project Runway Season 11 designer, Mat Arthur, talks about his experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: Did you do anything to prepare for the competition? 

MA: Yes, I watched the previous seasons, sort of as research and if I could offer any advice to future contestants, I would say, have some designs in your back pocket. Know what your cocktail dress design will be, a red carpet design, know your basics. At some point there is just no time to think, so have those go-to designs in your arsenal. 

BPR: Did the team format help or hurt your design process in any way? 

MA: There is good and bad. It depends on your perspective. You have an instant support network, so that is good, but on the other hand, I felt like I didn't take as much risk because I didn't want to endanger my team. As an artist, I generally would take more risk.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here for Matthew's website.

Click here to learn more about NOLA Fashion Week.

Thank you Mat!