Saturday, April 27, 2013

BPR Interview with Patricia Michaels

Project Runway Season 11 finalist, Patricia Michaels, talks about her experience on the show.


A highlight:

BPR: I have a question about the headpiece. What is it called, exactly? 

 PM: We call it a circular "roach." It's kind of awkward, but the native American man wears this when he dances. I wanted to have fun with it and transition it to a woman's piece. It is horsehair. I was also inspired by Carlo Scarpa and Paolo Soleri. So these are very organic shapes and forms. 

 I looked at canopy and gardening illustrations and originally I wanted to sculpt the horsehair into shapes. But when I saw how it looked I decided not to trim it. 

 BPR: Well that was obviously a good decision. They were very memorable.

 PM: I would have loved to do more, but I had to stay within my budget. I have many more ideas for these.





Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit Patricia's website.


Thank you Patricia!