Monday, December 08, 2014

BPR Interview with Benjamin Mach



Project Runway All-Star designer, Benjamin Mach, talks about his experience on the show.

A highlight:

 BPR:  When did you live in London and what did you do there?

BM:  I lived in London for about 10 years, I was about 24 or 25 when I moved there.  I had a wonderful time.  I actually worked at some of the fabric stores in Soho that we visited.  I also worked for Marchesa when they were in their start-up phase and I worked for a luxury menswear line.  This was some of the best experience that I had in the industry.  We showed in Paris twice a year.  I also went on tour with Cliff Richard, who is like the Elvis Presley of the UK.  I did all of the costumes for one of his tours.  I had a great time. 

BPR:  So, you knew Georgina Chapman?

BM:  I met Georgina and her business partner, Karen, in London, in one of the fabric stores where I worked.   I was kind of  mesmerized by them and we began to talk.  I let them know that I was available to help and that's how it all began.  

BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast? 

BM:  It is interesting.  Going in I felt closest to those from my own season, but I actually became very close with Helen Castillo.  I am having coffee with her later today.

Please click here to read the entire interview.

Please click here to visit Ben's website.

Thank you Benjamin!