Friday, September 20, 2013

BPR Interview with Karen Batts



Project Runway Season 12 designer, Karen Batts, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently? 

KB: I would be more strategic in how I played the game. I went on the show just designing things that I like and choosing models that I would use. If I could go back, I would have deliberately presented looks that the judges would have liked and I would have chosen a model with more of a runway look.

BPR: You know, we are sort of in the dark about the model selection process. You were able to select your models?   We never see that.

 KB: At first, we were given a model and afterward, we did the whole model pick with the button bag. There was a lot of drama when Alexandria stole Ya from Bradon. Then Alexandria won. That was very smart of her. If my name was called before hers, I would have chosen Ya as well. She is a great model.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit her website.

Thank you Karen!