Friday, August 14, 2015

BPR Interview with David Giampiccolo


Project Runway Season 14 designer, David Giampiccolo talks to us about his experience on the show.

A highlight:


BPR: Have you watched the previous seasons of the show? 

 DG: Yes, but not a lot. Well, I am from Belgium and of course I knew the show, but no, I didn't watch all of the previous seasons. After the first audition, I started to watch the last season. 

 BPR: So you were familiar with the unconventional materials challenge?

 DG: Yes, yes of course. I know, I know.

BPR: On reflection, do you wish you had stayed with your original idea? 

DG: No. I am happy with what I did. I mean I know, it was not enough cards, but I did not really like at all my first idea and when Tim Gunn came, actually he said exactly what I thought. But, when I decided to change, there was not a lot of time left. The idea wa to cover the hoodie with cards, but I didn't have enough time. I didn't just want to cover it, I wanted to make something cool and wearable, which I did. When I looked at it, I liked it, but I knew it would not be okay with the judges. 

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit David's Website.

Thank you David!