Friday, February 16, 2007

Michael Knight in Seattle


Julie L reports from Seattle. (I can't quite get accustomed to "Mychael" - I'll work on it!)

Mychael Knight was my choice for fan favorite of Season 3. So when the opportunity to meet him in person at my old job (Starbucks Headquarters) presented itself – I knew I’d be asking my new boss for a long lunch in order to “Make it Happen”!

A few hundred employees (ex-employees), friends and family members chatted and waited in the 9th floor commons until Mychael was introduced to the stage. Everyone was clapping and hollering for him as he shyly smiled that great brace-filled sweet smile I came to appreciate on Season 3. Wearing a baseball cap, Starbucks T-shirt, bright green sweater jacket and jeans, he described his new collaboration with Starbucks in custom designing T-shirts that customers can choose depending on their favorite drink. They showed a short video that explained the idea, showed footage of Mychael on PR and meeting with the creative team at Sbux. He said that his favorite drink is a Grande Caramel Macchiato. After the video he said that he also really likes the Tazo Passion tea: “So yummy” – again with a grin from ear to ear.


Click here to continue.