Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BPR at the Project Runway Season Four Fashion Show


This show was a great idea.

Now we can see what the designers are capable of - before the season even starts. No designer can say in an exit interview that "America didn't really see what I can do."

These fashions were chosen by the designers to represent their particular aesthetic, as well as the range of their talents and abilities.

I have to admit that I am very impressed with the variety and diversity of the garments and the styling. Each designer had a particularly unique point of view and after seeing them, I am even more anxious for November 14th - only one more week!

Here are my general impressions - remember I am in no way any sort of expert in fashion. I do not claim to be qualified to assess anyone's talent. I am merely a fan of the show like you. Also, you know that I have a hard time saying anything critical or negative - I will try to be just honest in my personal opinions. Feel free to disagree.

Heidi Klum continues to grow more and more gorgeous with each season. How does she do it? Nina Garcia is also very lovely in person. I was seated across from Tim Gunn, Nina, Heidi and Lauren Zalaznick and I was watching them for their reactions. Several times Nina just looked downward as if to deliberately avoid reacting. It was cute. Tim seemed to have the same expression on his face the entire time.

Okay - on to the show!

First of all I was expecting to be impressed with Rami Kashou and I was. His stuff was impeccable and completely fabulous. Also, Amanda Fields is an amazing model. Have a look at her walking in his black gown and tell me if you agree.



Click here to continue.