Click Here to See the 
Season 14 Finale Collections
Shown at NYFW on September 11, 2015

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tim Gunn in Atlanta

Our first Field Reporter from the Tim Gunn/Liz Claiborne Tour is checking in. Thank you Heather for your photo and report.

I attended the Liz Claiborne runway show in Atlanta on 3/12.

They told me there were about 500 people registered and 300 seats so I hurried so I could get one.

Tim and a Liz consultant greeted the audience and moderated the fashion show.

Afterward, Tim went back upstairs and if you purchased $100 in Liz clothing you were able to get a photo with Tim and have him sign a copy of "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" for you. I really wanted to meet him so I quickly bought a pair of pants and then waited in line. I guess I waited about 1.5 hours and when I got up to the front it was almost 9:00 pm. Tim was so very gracious, sweet, nice and still looked fabulous and unfrazzled. That was after spending 2 hours doing this and knowing there was still an hour's worth of people left. I couldn't imagine having the stamina for that. Anyway, in my short time I spoke to him about a couple things one of which was chatting online while the show was on.

He said "Oh! is that with the BPR people?" I said yes and he said. "Oh they are so great. Have you ever had a chance to meet them in person?" I said "No only online." And he said, "Well they are all exceptionally nice. Be sure to tell them I said HI if you get a chance." So I am telling you now.

I am attaching a photo of Tim and I that was taken by the professional photographer on duty. It was great to meet him.

Heather (aka Delta)