Sunday, February 14, 2010

Amanda's Take - Season 7 - Episode 4

Amanda Fields at the HauteLook Suite during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week

I'm in New York and today (February 11th) is the first official day of the LAST fashion week in Bryant Park! Next season will be in the beautiful Lincoln Center and will be a fun, new experience. I've already booked a few shows and I'll keep you posted as things are confirmed!

Tomorrow morning (Friday) I will be walking the runway in Bryant Park for my 5th Project Runway Finale! I think the only person who can beat that is Heidi. ;)

I have been running into a few PR models from this season as well as other seasons! I have to say, the girls I've met from this season are all really sweet!

This week's challenge was to create a red dress for a fashion week gala event, for the Cambell's Soup AdDress your heart program! I love when PR partners with something really inspiring and beneficial!

...and I LOVE a red dress. Yes, even being a redhead, I still love to wear red. :)

These women are so inspiring, it was incredible to see them telling their stories to the designers. I actually really like it when the designers have to design for women that aren't the typical model size, because most people aren't!!

I never like to critique women who appear on Project Runway who are not professional models, because they do not do this for a living. I was just looking for the ladies to have fun and they did!

I love how Amy's model, Kasey, was so supportive of her win, even though she didn't walk for her this week. SO sweet. I want to work out with that trainer!!

Alexis doesn't come across as anything other than a sweet model who is a little outspoken - and prodded by producers. I think she meant well and is trying to have fun with the show. We shall see, but I still think she is a good model!

Looking forward to the show tonight!

xoxo Amanda