Friday, October 26, 2012

BPR Interview with Peach Carr



Project Runway Season 2 All-Star designer, Peach Carr, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: What made last night's challenge difficult? 

 PC: These are explanations and not excuses, but what happened was that first, we spent 25 of our 30 minutes trying to decide on our word. Then, when I presented my sketch my team said, "no we aren't using stretch, we are not doing sportswear, no 60's-70's, this isn't our girl..." So I started to feel like a fish out of water. 

 BPR: If you could go back, would you do something differently? 

 PC: One season a designer is raked over the coals for doing his own thing and not being a team player. The next season, someone is eliminated for going along with the team and not standing up for their aesthetic. 

 It's hard to say what I would do differently. Everyone expressed their opinions so strongly and I just went along and changed my design. There were six people on the team and five of them were saying one thing. I felt that I had to go along. 

 On the runway, I said to Isaac, "You would have fired me if I had spent the last five minutes of our design time arguing my point." 

 At this point it is just a guessing game about what I could have done differently - you never know what the judges will say.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit Peach's website and to see more of her designs.

Thanks Peach!