Tuesday, October 09, 2012

BPR Interview with Sonjia Williams


Project Runway Season 10 designer, Sonjia Williams, talks about her experience on the show.  

Thank you Sonjia!

A highlight:

BPR: Even though you were eliminated, you still got to show a collection at Fashion Week. Congratulations! 

 SW: Thank you. 

BPR: Of course we could tell right away that it was you. 



SW: Yes, the first look had the head wrap... 

BPR: That's a great signature for you. Have you always worn a head wrap? 

SW: Actually, it's kind of my "bad hair day" look. Sometimes I just like the way it will make my outfit look and if I don't have time to fix my hair, I can still look fun and funky. 

BPR: Is this the same collection you would have made if you were still in the competition? 

SW: Yes.  Whether they love or hate it, doesn't matter. Even when I was in the competition I never really wanted to make things that were safe and that what the judges wanted. I just wanted to make something that was really "me" and that is what I did for the finale. 

 BPR: Which is your favorite design in the collection? 



SW: Definitely my finale piece. It was short, it was long, had fringe in the middle...

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to see Sonjia's finale collection.

Click here for Sonjia's blog.

Click here for her etsy shop.