Friday, March 08, 2013

BPR Interview with Kate Pankoke


Project Runway Season 11 designer, Kate Pankoke, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:  

BPR: Did Heidi give you any idea that this would be a double elimination? 

KP: No. There was no idea. I mean the thought did not even cross my mind. 

BPR: So you were as surprised as we were? 

 KP: Yes. First I was shocked that Tu was eliminated. I started sobbing because I didn't want him to leave. Then when they called my name I was really shocked. 

BPR: Were you surprised that the high-schoolers chose Patricia's design as their favorite? 

KP: I was a little surprised, but a lot of the challenge was based on the networking and just how the students liked you. I mean Sam and Patricia were just so cool and talkative and so innovative. They could sell anything... When Sam tells you something is cool, you just believe that it is cool. They were more avant-garde.   Tu and I were trying to be more practical and marketable.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit Kate's website.

Thank you Kate!