Friday, April 11, 2014

BPR Interview with Oscar Garcia-Lopez



Under the Gunn Champion, Oscar Garcia-Lopez, graciously spoke with me this morning about his experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: How did you learn to sew? 

OGL: Well, since I was very very little, I was always attracted to the machine. My grandmother had this very old Singer machine. I would just stare at it, like wow. I looked at it as a treasure. She would not let me near it, I was so little, so that made me only want it more. Do you know what I mean? 

My grandmother became sick with Alzheimer's in Cuba, and when we would visit her, instead of playing outside with kids in the neighborhood, I visited with her friends who were seamstresses, and they showed me so many things. I loved learning to sew and design. 

BPR: Heidi Klum said that she would "...love to wear some of your clothes..." Are you working on something for Heidi? 

 OGL: Ah - she was so great. At the moment...I can not talk about that... There was so much edited... she even came up to the garments and was looking inside at the seams and the finishing. She was so impressed. It was great. 

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit Oscar's website.

Thank you Oscar!