Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Self: A Fall/Winter Collection by Rey Ortiz"



"Under the Gunn" featured designer, Rey Ortiz, presented his Fall 2014 Collection, "Self," on April 19th at The University of Florida in Gainesville.


Photo by Destiny Johnson
Model:  Sarah Parmenter
Hair:  Nicole Collazo
Styling:  Sarah Summerlin
My black and gold inspiration comes from darkness and light after being eliminated during the first challenge of Under The Gunn and somehow being rejected by the mentors.. Within all the insecurities that come right after the elimination I realized that it was a "golden" opportunity to grow as a designer as well as a person. I am really thankful to the show, Tim, and even the mentors for helping me believe in myself and to always see the light when there's also darkness... That's why the collection's name is "Self: A Fall/ Winter Collection by Rey Ortiz."

Click here for more photos.