Sunday, October 26, 2014

BPR Interview with Amanda Valentine


Project Runway Season 13 designer, Amanda Valentine, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: Do you think you had an advantage, as a returning designer? 

AV: I totally do. It would be silly for me to say that there isn't an advantage. The biggest advantage is that I could sort of relax and just focus on my designs. There is so much going on all around us. In the workroom there are four cameras and sound men and all sorts of things that can be very distracting. It's a huge operation. When you are experiencing that for the first time, it can be overwhelming. 

 BPR: What advice would you offer to future contestants? 

AV: I would say that I wanted everything I made to have my signature. I recognize what my strengths and weaknesses are.  I'm not Kini. I'm not Sean. I would say that my thing is my vibe. I So I tried to keep my vibe going through every look. I know my girl. 

BPR: It did not escape us that you were the designer (even in your previous season) who used fringe. 

AV: After I won twice with fringe, I said to myself, "Okay that's enough." I had to mourn the fringe. It was a little difficult because for the past few seasons, I have featured fringe in my collections. I'm mourning the loss but it's time to move on. 
 
Click here to read the entire interview.

Click here to see Amanda's collection.

Click here to shop online.

Thank you Amanda!