Saturday, October 11, 2014

Korto Momolu, Spring 2015, "Rebirth"




Project Runway All-Star, Korto Momolu presented her Spring 2015 collection, "Rebirth" at New York Fashion Week on Monday Sept. 8th.

She is also preparing for the "Project Runway Showcase" at Tucson Fashion Week on October 18th.

Korto sends her love to everyone at BPR and gave us an interview this morning.

A highlight:

BPR: Please tell us about your Spring 2015 collection. 

KM: The collection is called "Rebirth." As you know, I just had a baby, and I wanted to sort of start fresh. I was thinking about "my girl" and her journey. She not in college any more - she is growing up! So I thought about what she wanted to say and how she wanted to be perceived. 

 I kept my silhouette, but amped it up a little bit. The color palette is calm, smooth and soft. The baby blue of course represented my baby boy. There were a few shockers with the bright orange, but for the most part it was like a breeze - a calm summer breeze. 

BPR: How many looks did you present at NYFW? 

 KM: I did twenty-three. 

 BPR: Will you be showing these looks at TFW, or will we see new looks? 

KM: I will show this collection - hopefully all 23 looks. For those who can't get to New York Fashion Week, they will have the opportunity to see the collection in a calmer environment. 

Click here for the full interview.