Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More BPR in Los Angeles



This is what the line looked like on Saturday morning before the doors were opened. The designers were ready to go and the models were all lovely. I visited with the hopefuls and their supporters for most of the morning. There were some wonderful and touching stories. Several of them were back for the third time.

Still, many of them couldn't answer even the most basic questions about their "design philosophy" or their "aesthetic." Even "Why do you want to be on Project Runway?" got me a lot of blank stares. I do not envy the judges. By the end of the day it would be hard to be diplomatic and polite. The eager morning faces of the folks in line became the disappointed and angry faces of the people leaving.

I had arranged a lunch at 1:00 with some fun LA friends.

I'll let Jonathan tell you about it.