Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sunday Morning at The Standard


After breakfast Kaitlin and I headed outside to say good morning to the designers in line. There were quite a few. As we rounded the corner Kaitlin said, "Mom, there's Jeffrey Sebelia." We had walked right by him. Good thing she was observant.

Sure enough, there was Jeffrey with Michael Rucker. We introduced ourselves and asked to take a photo. It was just a few moments before the auditions were scheduled to begin so I didn't want to be a pest...but I WAS willing to be a small pest on behalf of BPR...



Kaitlin headed upstairs and I went off to Kinko's to check out
Blogging Andy Cohen. We had a lot of fun with that!

When I returned to the hotel Daniel was getting up and wanting to do something. I felt kind of bad because he had been hanging out with me and doing BPR stuff. So - of course we went shopping!

We returned for our 11:00 brunch date with Robert Best. LA-based BeePeR Deb S joined us as well. I spotted Robert coming in, but of course, so did the designers waiting in line. He patiently greeted them and posed for photos as he entered.

Now, just about all of our meals had been in the same restaurant. As far as I could tell there IS only one restaurant in The Standard. By now I am on a first-name basis with the staff. We slid into a booth and ordered.



Click here to continue.