Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Katy's Take



Season 4: Episode 5 “What’s the Skinny”

I loved the concept of this challenge and it was definitely the best episode of the season so far (and not at all because of the drama with Jack and Chris)! It’s a topic that almost everyone can really relate too and we can all look up to and respect these women for what they’ve accomplished. Also, wouldn’t you love to be able to remake your old clothes into something fresh and new to wear? I always hate having to get rid of something I used to love because it either doesn’t fit or it’s out of date.

As for the Jack/Chris topic, I knew it was coming, but I was really sad to see Jack leave. The stress of the competition is hard enough, but also having to deal with a health issue (and a visible one at that) is out of the question. I’m glad that he was able to make the decision for his health, but I would have loved to see him on the show more and I think he had a lot more talent to give to the competition. Assuming there’s a season 5 of PR, I think Jack should definitely get an invite back onto the show!

I was also glad to see Chris come back since I didn’t really think he should have been kicked off the previous week, but I’m a bit confused to the “reasoning” that Tim gave about why they brought him back… to say that it was to “keep the level of competition” didn’t quite pass with me. Under this reasoning, don’t you think it was REALLY unfair for them to not replace the missing teammate for Alison and Jeffery when Keith got kicked off? At least in this episode, it was each designer for themselves, so with Jack leaving, he wasn’t hurting anyone else’s chance.

Also, while I totally believe the above, I can’t lie and say that I haven’t thought about how it probably would have been ME that they would have brought in to replace Keith’s spot (since I was the last one kicked off before the cheating issue). Too bad they didn’t…oh well… maybe I can come back if they ever do a “Second Chance” season of past PR contestants. :)


Click here to continue reading Katy's Take as she takes a closer look at each design from "What's The Skinny?".