Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A "Beautifully Satisfying" New Interview with Tim Gunn


Tim talks to Mo Ryan about Project Runway Seasons Six and Seven, Models of the Runway, Lifetime and the All-Star Challenge. Here are some highlights:

"We have drama to beat the band, including a model who refused to wear the garment. I’m in the sewing room begging her -- well, not begging her. I’m quite firm in saying, 'This is your responsibility. It’s not a matter of personal taste -- you are a mannequin basically. A walking mannequin. Put it on,'" Gunn said.


Filming the "All-Star Challenge" during the Season 7 taping was extremely hard on the normally easy-going Gunn: "I was as close to a psychotic breakdown as I’ve ever been... Going from one location to the next, wardrobe changes, mic changes; back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth."

TG: We have a really interesting mix of youngsters and more mature people with a lot of experience. And make no assumptions about the experience being an asset. There have been people who've been asserting that it's not fair, that these people with more seasoning have an advantage. Not necessarily the case at all. And frankly, I'm as surprised as I believe the viewers will be by the deftness and the agility of these younger people because I was thinking, "Oh, these kids are going to burn out." But they've stayed with us. And I'm not saying the more mature people leave right away but it's a very interesting season to watch. Very

Click here for the full interview.