Saturday, August 14, 2010

News from Suede



Dear BPR,

Just wanted to follow up with some photos of the SUEDEsays™ for eCraft ™ dresses I designed using the new eCraft by Craftwell. It is designed for paper cutting but thinking outside the box I used the machine to create these three looks.



1) Butterfly Felt Dress. - I custom designed the tropical filigree pattern on the bodice to resemble lace. I used felt over the reverse side of charmuse to create this dress - along with a healthy dose of tulle. The butterfly skirt shows how 3-d effects can be utilized instead of always cutting things out.



2) Glitter Disco Mini Dress - I created a lace slip dress as the base and used the eCraft to cut out hundreds of circles and then stitched each one on by hand.. YIKES talk about a challenge!!!



3) Upside Down Tree Dress - I created a linen bustier style bodice and covered it with self adhesive wood veneer using the eCraft to cut those customized shapes that fit perfectly into the style lines. Then I made a raw silk skirt and created customized vine-like leaf shapes using the eCraft. Then I stitched the leaves down all over the 8 gore handkerchief hem line skirt to give it the perfect GAGA meets MADONNA look. Suede is sooo ready to dress the girlz!!!

Sending you lots of luv!!!

xoxox
Suede


Click here for more from Suede!