Saturday, July 28, 2012

A New Interview with Viktor Luna


Madly Chic scored an interview with Project Runway Season 9 finalist, Viktor Luna. 


A highlight: 


What is your design aesthetic? 


Sophistication punctuated with dark sensuality and a punk rock pulse. My collection is for the woman who is empowered, elegant, and edgy. Black is the color of luxury. I always like to use black but there’s a thought process behind it. I’m not sending out just a sheer black blouse. There are a lot of details like trimming and fastenings that are missed on TV. 


I hope people see that in my work. I think forward in what’s coming and what’s going to be on trend, and I try to capture it before other people do. There’s a thought process in everything I design. I don’t just design for my pleasure; I design for people. 


Click here for the full interview.


Click here to see Viktor's indiegogo project.