Thursday, January 31, 2008

Katy's Take



I was really intrigued when I heard about this challenge, because I had just recently finished up working on a project for DIFFA Dallas. Each year DIFFA Dallas has a big fundraiser/charity event where they ask designers and artists to work with a denim jacket and transform it to whatever they want. The only requirement is that there is some portion of the original jacket in the final piece, other than that, it’s totally up to the designer what to do with it. Back in Dec, I posted this about what I was working on and this week’s PR challenge inspired me to post the finished dress (I had been meaning to post it, but had been falling behind on everything!).

Anyways, just thought it was funny that I had finished a denim “makeover” and then find out that Project Runway did the same thing!

Click here to continue reading Katy's Take as she reviews each design from Episode 10.