Sunday, November 22, 2009

Carrie Underwood at the American Music Awards - and a note from Carol Hannah Whitfield

Photo: WireImage/Cohen


Carrie is wearing something very similar to Carol Hannah Whitfield's design!

Thanks to Kate, Carl, and everyone who sent this.




Update: Here is Carol Hannah's response -

Re: Carrie Underwood

Morning Laura!

I know! I've been getting swamped about this. I surely wouldn't do that to my own dress. Shorts? Really? But it does look extremely similar. It does seem awfully convenient that the pictures of the design have been floating around the internet for months, but I suppose coincidences happen. I would love to talk to her stylist!

I'm not sure whether to be happy/flattered or angry (for being possibly copied and so poorly at that!).

Did you know that the dress was also in Sky Magazine (on every Delta plane) a while back? Christopher stumbled upon it on a flight out here in September and snagged me a copy. It was the single picture they chose to represent NY Fashion Week. Yay!

So there you have it.

Have a good one!
CH