Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MBFW - Part 2 -Project Runway Season 8 Finale Show

Photo: WireImage/F. Harrison

On Thursday morning we headed to Lincoln Center for the Project Runway Finale show. We weren't sure how the new venue would be different from Bryant Park, but honestly, I think it's better. Chloe Dao texted me early and we arranged to meet her at the entrance.

It was a lot of fun to reconnect with many of the designers from former seasons and also to meet the season 8 designers at the show. The Scarlett was busy posting updates for you. The first thing we checked was the guest judge's seat.

I'd like to go on record as stating that I believe that Jessica Simpson is a brilliant choice as a judge. According to Forbes, (July 2010) her shoes and accessory designs bring in $500 MILLION a year. That's a lot of success and experience in fashion. I'm looking forward to hearing her insights.

The Scarlett continued to give you updates, posting from her cell phone. Tbone set up his laptop to "Cover-it-live." I relaxed and enjoyed the show. Thanks Team

Valerie's collection was wonderful. I loved the color and the shapes and the fun. I didn't love the wigs, but that's a small issue.

Gretchen is super tall, thin and prettier than she appears on screen. I asked if she had ever modeled and of course she has. Her line is made from sustainable fabrics. Gretchen definitely has a future in fashion.

I have always liked Andy. From the first time I watched his audition video and saw his clever sleeve detail I was enchanted and declared him "my favorite." His finale collection is strong and a definite contender.

I also think April's collection is strong and very original. I loved her inspiration and the timing for this sort of look is perfect. Her collection also read clearly as a "spring" collection with the dusty-doll pastel-ish colors and I really liked it.

My favorite finale collection though, was Mondo's. I enjoyed the whimsy and the bright cheerfulness of his collection. I also kind of love him. He was completely charming and adorable when we met him, and I think he would be a great representative for the Project Runway "brand." What do you think?