Sunday, December 18, 2011

BPR Interview with "Project Accessory" Designer, Christina Caruso


BPR: Congratulations on your very strong showing in the competition.

CC: Thank You, Laura.

BPR: How long did the judges deliberate before they arrived at this decision?

CC: The judges took adequate time to deliberate as they usually do. We (the designers) are in a separate location when the judges are deliberating. We are just anxiously waiting around for the decisions to be made....

BPR: Which was your favorite challenge?

CC: Naturally, I loved the body suit challenge. Not just because I won that challenge, but because that challenge came very natural to me. I wear body suits in the real world and not just to dance class :)

BPR: Who was your best friend from the cast?

CC: I was there for the "experience" and part of that "experience" being meeting new and creative people/ making new friends. I have to say that on the show I felt a close connection with Rich. We would trade tools for styling tips. Overall, I would say the top 5 had a very strong connection. Diego, Brian and I all have Italian Greyhounds too which is kinda crazy as they are very unique dogs.
Everyone feels like family and we all keep up with one another. Brian calls me everyday! Love them all!


BPR: You arrived at the competition with an impressive resume. What is your proudest professional accomplishment?

CC: Wow, thank you. I have to say it was teaming up with Patricia Field to have my designs featured on SJP in Sex and the City. That was AMAZING... I think I just graduated from Parsons when that happened. The rest is history!

BPR: What are you working on now?

CC: I am the jewelry Design Director at Banana Republic. I always wanted to be a Gap girl and now I finally am part of the iconic GAP brand.

BPR: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

CC: NOPE

Click here to continue.