Friday, July 26, 2013

BPR Interview with Kahindo Mateene


Project Runway Season 12 designer, Kahindo Mateene talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:


BPR:  You used green tulle to mitigate the strength of your print.  Do you think that was a good idea?

KM:  The green tulle was originally supposed to be used at the bottom of the dress.  After talking to Tim,  I made the change.   Of course I know now that the judges hated the print, which I don't understand, so even if I stuck with my original design, it probably wouldn't have helped.


BPR:  What are you working on now?


KM:  I am working on my seventh collection which is for Spring/Summer 2014 which I will be showing in New York in September.  I also have just launched my online store.  I am also working on a Kickstarter program which will be helping to provide jobs to women in Congo.



Click here for the full interview.

Click here to visit the Modahnik website.

Thank you Kahindo!