Tuesday, August 05, 2008

BPR Field Report From the Rami Kashou Exhibit in Los Angeles


Our newest Field Reporter, TCee visited the Third Annual Outstanding Art of Television Costume Design Exhibit at FIDM in Los Angeles. Six of Rami Kashou's designs are featured. Thanks, TCee!

I went to the FIDM exhibit and loved it! There are many Emmy nominated shows and work from designers such as Bob Mackie, but my favorite of course was Rami Kashou.

Not all of Rami's designs were there, only six and they looked outstanding. They are really displayed beautifully! They even painted a shadow of Heidi Klum on the back display wall, which I thought was really cool.

I appreciated all 3 of the finale collections for Project Runway Season 4, but after looking at Rami's designs close up I must say I cannot believe he didn't win it all. All of his designs are flawlessly executed and the black gown is truly a work of art. The gold gowns are breathtaking in person and the teal suit was gorgeous to see close up. I highly recommend going to see the exhibit.



Click here for more photos.