Monday, May 19, 2008

Jack Mackenroth Will Not Return For Season Five


"After a long process of weighing the pros and cons of returning to Project Runway Season 5, I have decided not to audition again. Though I loved my experience on the show and hope to continue working with Bravo in the future, I really feel that it's time to start the next chapter of my life. During my short stint on season 4, I was never in the bottom three and I won the menswear challenge, which is my field of expertise, so I feel like I accomplished most of what I started.

I do, however, want to thank all the viewers and fans who have continually voiced their desire to see me back on Season 5. I hope that I haven't let anyone down, but in the end I came to realize that I could not give up another year of my life. My time on Project Runway has presented me with many opportunities ranging from design to television and an area that is closest to my heart, HIV activism. I really couldn't have asked for more.

I especially want to give thanks to the HIV community, which has been so supportive over the last year. If anything, I hope that I have shown you that it is possible to live successfully with HIV. You have not seen the last of me!

To the next batch of designers on Season 5…sew your hearts out!"


Click here for the NY Post article.