Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Irina Shabayeva in Englewood NJ - Field Report



BPR Field reporter, Trish O'Shea sends us this report from The Engle Shop in in Englewood, NJ. Thanks Trish!

Irina Shabayeva doesn't want to be know solely as "the winner of Project Runway Season 6."

Judging by what I saw on Saturday, she won't be!

Irina did an in-store appearance last week at The Engle Shop in Englewood, New Jersey, where she showed several looks from her new collection. I caught up with her on Saturday.

The clothes really were remarkable! The palette was very pleasing - yellows, metallic grays and silvers, whites and purples and rosy colors woven into the gowns. I told Irina that I was at her Bryant Park finale show and how much we all enjoyed her collection!

We talked a little about Season 6 and Lifetime. My boyfriend (and photographer) had always wondered if the "Lifetime" designers felt that they lacked exposure (since Bravo usually runs their series on repeat so often.) She answered, "I never really thought of it that way, but I am glad because now I will be known more as a designer than a TV personality."

The store's owner, Paula Parlato, was happy to be featuring Irina's line in her store, which has been a staple in Englewood for over 30 years.

If you live in the NYC/Northern NJ area, it's worth a trip to see the clothes in person. What a fun afternoon!