Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A New Interview with James Sommerfeldt from ShoesTV

Project Accessory designer, James Sommerfeldt talks about his experience on the show - and afterward.



A highlight:
"Project Accessory" pits 12 accessory designers against each other in the quest for, among other things, a $100,000 prize. How would you describe your experience on the show?
JS: "Project Accessory" is literally an incubator where we lived and breathed design ideas every second. I pushed myself beyond my physical limits and finally exceeded my own expectations. I was very surprised to learn I was the sole footwear designer in the competition, as shoes are both such a major way to transform an ensemble, and critical wardrobe staples. Where do you go without shoes? This forced me to become innovative and listen to my creative intuition. I was truly blessed to be a part of an amazing cast of such genuine designers.


Click here for the full story.