Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A New Interview with Kimberly Goldson from Essence

Project Runway Season 9 finalist, Kimberly Goldson talks about her life since appearing on the show.



A highlight:

ESSENCE.com: You’re originally from Brooklyn NY, how does this influence your personal style and your line?
Goldson: Being from Brooklyn has everything to do with my personal style and my line. I grew up in BK during the emergence of hip-hop, so you’ll always see me with big earrings, the latest handbags and sky-high shoes. I got nailed for that styling on the show, but they just didn’t know how to relate to that look. The aim for my line is to bring credit to the place where a lot of fashion begins. In the mainstream fashion industry, African-Americans are underrepresented and not given the recognition for our sense of style. I’d like to help change that.


Click here for the full interview from Essence.com.