Friday, November 07, 2014

BPR Interview with Alexandria von Bromssen

Camp Couture dolls representing Alexandria and Patricia. 

 Project Runway Season 4 All-Star, Alexandria von Bromssen, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR:  If you could go back, would you do anything differently?


AB:  Yes, I would have agreed to do the show a little sooner.  The producers called many times to ask me to do the show.  Even when I was in Paris, they called me every day.  I was visiting one of my students in Paris - she is on a three-year scholarship studying fashion in Paris.  She asked me if I would wear her scarf on the show and honestly that was the tipping point.  I finally agreed to do the show, and you can see her scarf in the opening montage.


I wanted to design with fabrics, not with plastic and metal and these unconventional materials.  This just wasn't for me.  


BPR:  Who is your best friend from the cast?


AB:  I tried to befriend everyone, but definitely Gunnar is the one I loved the most from the cast.


BPR:  After your elimination, as you waited out the remainder of the filming, how did you spend your time?  


AB:  I sewed.  I walked home after my elimination and immediately began work on my collection.  I set up a full studio in my apartment.  I created a men's collection, a women's collection and an accessory collection.  I made handbags, I made it all.

Click here to read the entire interview.

Click here to visit Alexandria's website.

Thank you Alexandria!