Monday, October 15, 2007

BPR at Studio EMc2


My husband and I visited Emmett's studio on the last day of our trip to New York. It was the first time I had seen it and I was really impressed.

Emmett's co-designer, Erin was there to greet us and gave us a quick tour of the space. They are working on the EMc2 Holiday line and had a couple of sample garments made up. I didn't want to reveal these too soon!

The purple party dress is several layers of silk with a vintage-inspired piping detail. Here is a close-up of the front bodice:



And here is the back:


The next two would be great for New Year's Eve. The dress on the left is white with metallic silver and the dress on the right is a little bit stretchy with a metallic gold thread in the fabric.



It was really fun to see the actual workspace where Emmett and Erin design the garments for the EMc2 collection. Thank you both for your kindness and hospitality.