Friday, April 19, 2013

BPR Interview with Daniel Esquivel


Project Runway Season 11 designer, Daniel Esquivel talks about his experience on the show.

A highlight:

BPR: You are a true inspiration to those of us in your demographic. What are you working on now?

DE: Actually, this is really cool. I have a dress that will be shown in a Cancer-Awareness fashion show on May 1st. 

 I am also doing Austin Fashion Week on May 10th. I am working on it right now. I can't wait for you to see it. I want to say also that I was very influenced by Patricia. I have been working with leather and I want to be sure to give credit to her for the inspiration. I am working with a silver-mirrored leather. I also have a floral print and black and white of course. 

 Also, I want to let you know, that I have been approached by a manufacturer this week. They want to produce my work! We are working out the details right now. Like I say, so many doors are opening for me. It is very exciting.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here see Daniel's Finale Collection.

Thank you Daniel!

Marina models Daniel's opening look.