Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Oprah!


Big News from the PR5 auditions in Chicago today - Oprah Winfrey has joined Tim and Uncle Nick on the judging panel! Here's Project Runway's Executive Producer Jane Lipsitz:

...we were contacted by the folks at Harpo Productions to let us know that Oprah was a big fan of the show and she wanted to stop by at the auditions to say hello. I suggested that she could sit on the panel, and she agreed!

Tim Gunn is beside himself:

I keep pinching myself every 5 minutes, 'I can't believe I'm sitting next to Oprah!'. Of course she epitomizes my mantra of quality, taste and style. It's a thrill to have her on board with our team.

Having Oprah affiliated with Project Runway brings a new dimension to the future of the show. What does this mean?

Click here for more.