Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BPR Interview with Nicolas Putvinsky

Photo: Rachel Cohen

BPR Field Reporter Jes Switaj attended the Project Runway Season Six event on Long Island Saturday and brings us these interviews. Thanks Jes and thank you Nicolas.

BPR – What was one of the best things about being on the show?

NP - My strategy was to have the best time of my life and I did. I think I’m sort of the comedic relief on this season. I’m going to make some people laugh hysterically!

BPR - Was your overall experience on the show different from what you imagined it would be like?

NP - It was VERY different, because I do know quite a few past contestants and none of them warned me about how hard it would be to do the show. It was an incredible experience though and I loved every moment of that. The timeframe was much different than I imagined.

BRP - Who would you most like to have had critique your work that might make a good guest judge on a future season?

NP - To be honest, the person I REALLY wanted to be a guest judge on the show actually was!

BPR - Which of the head judges do you feel offered the most useful feedback and what was it?

NP - Heidi. She told me “People are going to talk about you no matter what. Good or bad, you just have to take it and move on.”

BPR – How do you plan to brand your line, going forward?

NP - I’m coming out with my first collection. It’s a private collection I’ve put together for stylists only. It won’t be available to the public. I’ve been working in the costume industry for a long time, so it will be very theatrical. I’m actually going to be working in costume as well. In a few years maybe I’ll have a ready to wear collection, but right now my imagination is just running wild.

BPR - What do you listen to while you work?

NP - My iPod has everything from Christina to German Death Metal. My favorite band is Placebo.

BPR - What message would you like to relay to the viewers, in anticipation of the premiere?

NP – There are going to be a couple of episodes where people are going to throw things at their television. There were a few times when even we as designers said "What the hell just happened?"