Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Just Watched the Season Six Premiere Episode


Laura K: Of course the ending is not revealed in the screener episode but there is enough to reassure fans that this is the Project Runway that we know and love.

Seriously, I would never guess that there is a new production team, the feel is exactly the same. The music is there, the clock on the wall, the workroom and the sewing room are the same - although the dressmaker forms look brand new. In fact, everything at FIDM site looks brand new.

We have the designer arrivals, checking into the apartments, and then everyone looks "oh so surprised" to discover the "note from Heidi" telling them to join her for champagne on the roof.

The challenge is wonderful and an easy way to see each designer's ability and "point of view." Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum are all there in their judges chairs along with the "guest judge." The runway looks exactly the same and the models are all gorgeous.

I can't wait for EVERYONE to see this next week!

Scarlett: One of the first things I noticed was that the music sounds the same; even the designers showing up to their apartments felt familiar because of that detail. There are some warm, heart-felt moments and Tim even got a chance to comfort a designer that was having doubts. I think that they did an excellent job of introducing these designers prior to the premiere because I could identify them before they put up their names on the screen. And I honestly wished that I could have seen the judging but I will have to wait for that with the rest of you. The screener was such a tease and at the end I wanted more, More, MORE!