Monday, August 10, 2009

Project Runway Season 6 Event on Long Island



Team BPR thanks Ali G for this excellent Field Report!

Hi, BPR!

It’s Ali Ghozati, reporting about a special Project Runway event.

On Saturday, August 8, from 12pm to 3pm, 6 designers from season 6 – Althea Harper, Epperson, Irina Shabayeva, Malvin Vien, Nicolas Putvinski, and Qristyl Frazier – appeared at Roosevelt Field Mall on Long Island in New York.





This event was very crowded – Long Island has many fans of Project Runway. The event featured members of the audience coming on the stage in rounds, taking plain white T-shirts and designing them using scissors, markers, and jewels.


Three of the designers served as judges, picking a winner in each round. The winner got a gift card. There were several rounds with various members of the audience competing and all of the designers getting to judge. It seemed like a lot of fun. The 3 designers who weren’t judging sat at a table, graciously agreeing to take pictures and sign autographs.


I spent most of the event at this table, chatting with the designers. All of them were so nice. They showed a lot of enthusiasm. Althea was a sweetheart. She mentioned that the models this season were, to quote her directly, “crazy good.” She highly recommended watching "Models of the Runway," the spin-off show. I told her that she herself looked like a model for the show since she really was stunning.


Epperson was so cool. He was much taller than I thought. Irina was lovely. When I was talking to her, she made me feel like the only human being on the planet despite the surrounding pandemonium.


Qristyl was gracious. My camera kept malfunctioning in taking a picture with her, but she was extremely patient, letting me continually try until I was finally successful. Malvin was very kind. His hair was pretty fierce. Nicolas thanked me for attending the event and supporting the show. I thanked him for coming to Long Island, making me and my fellow Long Islanders so happy.


At this event, there were a lot of signs for Project Runway and some monitors set up, showing clips of season 6. I walked away with a poster autographed by all of the designers and an official Project Runway audition kit (a cute container which had needles, thread, safety pins, and buttons in it). Overall, this event was superb. I had the time of my life at it. It made me look forward to season 6 of Project Runway even more. While I wish the best of luck to all of the designers, there are 6 of them that I’m especially rooting for! Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Ali