Friday, August 28, 2009

More from Tim Gunn in USA Weekend



Click here for the full interview.

Here is a highlight:

WHAT TIM GUNN TAUGHT ME

Christian Siriano (winner, Season 4): "I had confidence, but he showed me how to be a little more humble in my work. He never said, 'I don't think it should be that.' It was always, 'It could be something else.' It was always about what you could do to make it better."

Chloe Dao (winner, Season 2): "What I got just by being around him is his level of generosity and how grounded he is."

Nick Verreos (contestant, Season 2): "To try to conduct yourself with class and decency. And to be upfront with people, but not to be so personal in terms of getting into people's characters."

Christopher Straub (contestant, Season 6): "He told me to work on my design -- don't work on someone else's, don't try to please someone else -- work on your own. It's one of the most important things I've ever been told: 'You need to find what your identity is and focus there.' "

Andrae Gonzalo (contestant, Season 2): "It's always important to ask questions instead of making judgments."