Sunday, November 25, 2007

Katy's Take


Season 3 designer Katherine Gerdes returns with her take on Episode 2, "I Started Crying". It's a BPR exclusive!

First things… I have to give props to all the designers for the success of this challenge. I don’t know if you guys have ever shopped at Mood, but $15 does NOT get you much and to be honest I have no idea how they made this challenge work. For a company such as Steve and Barry’s (or Target which I know more about), they have the size and purchasing power to knock the price of fabric down so they can afford a $15 wholesale price, but buying retail fabrics and expecting wholesale garments is really challenging so I give props to all the designers!

Before I get to the reviews, let me put out a blanket statement, so I don’t have to repeat myself over and over again: With the exception of Marion and Steven’s, I thought everyone’s garments look really well executed and properly finished and I imagine this is going to be the case for most of this season!

Also… can I just ask what is up with the hair/styling this season? I don’t know if it’s a new team of stylists or what, but so far it’s been pretty bad this season. I’ve been watching PR this year with a group of girls who are all hair/makeup artists and they cannot stand what is going down the runway (and I’m not talking about the clothing).

Click here to continue reading Katy's Take as she reviews each of the design's in detail.