Tuesday, September 05, 2006

BPR Interview With Angela Keslar

Angela Keslar has certainly experienced her fair share of ups and downs during her run on Project Runway. Often the center of attention from her fellow designers, she proved her design savvy with a win in the Macy's challenge and a strong showing on "Iconic Statement". Angela checks in with BPR to tell us how she continues to be having the time of her life.

BPR: Hi Angela, we are so sad to see one of our favorites go. Where were you Wednesday night and who did you watch the show with? What has been the reaction from your friends and family?

AK: I actually haven't watched the show yet b/c I was in a hotel in nyc for the today show and they didn't have bravo! I am so deeply grateful for everything that happened on the show and everything that is coming out of it- my friends and family are sharing in all the excitement and thrill.

BPR: When did you begin to be interested in fashion design and who have been your inspirations?

AK: I became interested in design sometime around college. i loved to paint and sketch, but I knew that in order to be fulfilled, I would need to apply my creative impulse in a practical, use-able way. I always loved playing dress-up, so I chose clothing.

BPR: What is your favorite item in your wardrobe and why?

AK: My Balenciaga black leather motorcycle jacket from the fall 2005 collection. I cried every time I looked at it for the first week. It is the most amazing jacket ever made.

Click here to continue reading our interview with Angela as she talks about Tom Jones, her signature fleurchons and who she thinks will win it all!