Friday, September 08, 2006

BPR Interview With Vincent Libretti

BPR continues its series of interviews with the auf'd contestants as we check in this week with Vincent Libretti. Project Runway provided a showcase for Vincent who had just made a big career change, returning to his labor of love. As we learn in our interview, he's still proud of what he's accomplished:

BPR: Hi Vincent! Where were you Wednesday night and who did you watch the show with? What has been the reaction from your friends and family?

VL: With Nina and Liz, my daughter and wife...they liked my work and felt that I should have stayed.

BPR: What does your daughter think about seeing her daddy on television?

VL: She's sooo proud of me and she realizes it's only TV.

BPR: You took a huge chance by cashing in your 401(k). What kind of work were you doing before getting back into fashion?

VL: In sales, selling ad space. One thing I'd like to clear up .. I did not cash out my 401k to go on Project Runway, I don't understand why they depict it this way. I did it to continue what I love most, right now I have never been happier. I am proud to show my family, especially my daughter, that her dad takes chances in life and believes in his DREAM!!!

Now I cashed my 401k prior to going on the show although the show makes it seem like I did it to get on the show...that's so silly.....


BPR: Who do you consider to be your muse?

VL: anyone who brings life to life.


Click here to continue reading BPR's interview with Vincent Libretti as he shares his thoughts about Jia, Catherine Malandrino, Tim Gunn and the girl with the red shoes.